- Portable self-contained solar power system:
A stand-alone, portable self-contained solar powered generator system. It is ready to use mobile solar generator able to guarantee up to 3 kW power supply.
Designed to provide electricity in all areas of the globe not covered by an electrical grid and for all uses that necessitate the mobility of an energy source. It can work even in the absence of sunshine whilst offering the advantage of being compact, no noise, fumes or fuel costs.
The batteries contained in the base of only 1 m3 are recharged by the photovoltaic generator which, with its surface of 9 m2, develops a power of 1.5 kW.
The opening procedure of the self contained solar power system is also revolutionary for a product of this type, as it opens in a satellite manor ensuring compactness and versatility on the field.
The whole system is assisted by hydraulics which facilitates the procedure, allowing usage of the portable self contained solar power system by anybody, young or old!
- Solar Street Light:
Solar street lights are raised light sources which are powered by photovoltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or integrated in the pole itself.
The photovoltaic panels charge a rechargeable battery, which powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during the night.
Components of solar street light:
- Solar panel
- Lighting fixture(LED)
- Charge controller
- Rechargeable Battery
Standard Street light
Inbuilt Charge controller & battery
All-in-one solar street light
Applications of solar street light:
- Solar street lighting system is used to provide efficient lighting for highways, main roads, avenues, main urban streets, and other applications that need high intensity of lighting at night.
- Pedestrian pathway, bike lanes, and walkways can be lit with solar LED lights very efficiently.
- Parking lot lights powered with solar energy are an efficient way to drastically decrease electricity bills.
- Solar Street light provides a tremendous number of solar lighting solutions. Ranging from solar flood lights for fence lighting to solar path lights for perimeter lighting solutions with a high reliability level even in the case of power failure.
- If you want to light up signs and advertisement billboards, solar signage lighting solution is optimal! Most of the time, this kind of signs and billboards are installed in elevated locations or in the street with lack of direct grid electricity available.
- Solar powered lights are a natural fit to light public areas like parks, resorts, and any place where the environment needs to be preserved.
- Solar Home Lighting:
Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) harnesses the sun’s energy to light up your home and power your small appliances with benefits that extend both to your wallet and to the environment, Providing illumination powered from the sun’s renewable energy, the solar cells in the system convert the sun’s energy directly to electricity. This electricity is stored in the battery and used for lighting whenever required.
Solar Home Lighting System, compact, portable and easily mountable, is an economical solution to all your power problems and comes in an easy-to-install kit.
Benefits of solar home lighting system:
- Economical: Since the sun provides energy free of charge, you enjoy 30% power savings on your electricity bills and a longer back up lighting system at zero running cost
- Non-Polluting: Powered by the sun’s renewable energy, the system is energy neutral and an absolutely clean source of illumination. 1kwp solar installation reduces 1⁄2 ton of CO2 (carbon dioxide) per annum.
- No Maintenance: The system has few moveable parts – reducing the risk of breakage. Once installed, it lasts for long time and requires little attention.
Salient features of solar home lighting system:
- Dusk till dawn sensor: Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) has in-built sensor that automatically senses light and starts working from the dawn till dusk.
- Grid Charging (Optional): Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) has an additional option to charge it from mains as well. You can choose for either solar or grid charging facility.
- In-built Charge Controller: An in-built control unit in Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) regulates the power during the battery charging and auto cuts when battery gets completely charged. It also controls the reverse current flow in the night to the solar panel.
- Zero Idle Current: Generally, other chargeable device use little amount of stored power while in idle condition. But, the Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) smartly designed to consume zero power from the battery while in idle condition.
- Increase Battery Life: Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) uses pure DC form of power to charge the battery. It not only provides safe charging but increases the battery life up to more years.
- High/Low Voltage Protection for Battery: An in-built control unit in Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) provides complete protection to the battery during high voltage situation.
- Deep Battery Discharge Protection: A compact control unit in SHLS protects the battery from deep battery discharge.
- Output Overload/ Short Circuit Protection: The smart technology protects the Solar Home Lighting System (SHLS) during output overload. It also protects the device from short circuits.
Applications of solar home lighting system:
Solar Home Lighting System can be used at many different locations – homes, walkways, verandahs, and balcony or in any non-electrified area.
- Solar Suitcase:
- The Solar Suitcases combine highly efficient Solar Panels and a fully adjustable 10 Amp View Star Series Charge Controller with an LCD Screen to create an easy-to-use, ‘plug and play’ system.
- This system is specifically designed for mobile off-grid applications, where space and weight limitations are abundant. The Solar Suitcase models support 12V deep cycle battery varieties such as sealed, lead acid, gel, and flooded.
- With built-in tilting stands, these panels can be adjusted at different angles to maximize the power output throughout the seasons. The alligator clips included in this package make it easy to connect the panel to a battery in seconds.
- If one ever needs to connect a battery with a different type of end terminal, the alligator clips are attached via MC4 Connectors.
- Dot-matrix, backlit LCD for displaying operating information and data.
- Unique dual-timer for the controller’s load terminal
- Full control of parameter settings that can be adjusted.
- Sealed, Gel, and Flooded battery option.
- 4 Stage charging: Bulk, Boost. Float, and Equalization
- Temperature compensation and correcting the charging and discharging parameters
- Automatically, improving battery lifetime. RJ45 interface for use with the remote meter MT-50, which conveniently checks the
- Operating parameters of the charge controller Protection against: overcharging, over-discharging, overload, short-circuit, and reverse
- Negative ground controller.
- Tilting stand for maximum potential.
- Convenient storage case for easy transportation.
- 10A ViewStar Charge Controller
- Junction Box
- MC4 Connectors
- Tilt Stands
- Battery Alligator Clips
- In-line fuse (10A)
- Case (Not pictured)
Four charging stages of solar suitcase:
- Bulk charge
- Boost charge
- Float charge
- Solar Bag:
A Solar backpack is a backpack equipped with thin film solar cells and batteries. The solar panels convert sunlight into electricity, which is stored in the batteries and can be used to power portable electronic appliances like mobile phones and mp3 players.
Features of solar bag:
- The solar backpack usually contains a flexible mono crystalline solar panel, battery, charge controller, plugs, cords and light bulbs.
- It provides users with power up to 120watt-hours/day, capable of powering electronic equipment rated up to 300 W.
- It can also be utilized in international aid, disaster relief, emergency power and field research.
Applications of solar bag:
- It is used to power electronic devices with a charging time of just 6 hours. As it weighs at around 10 pounds, it can be carried as a backpack easily. In addition to solar power, it can also convert ac power from wall outlets and utilize power from disposable batteries and vehicles.
- Solar backpacks can also power laptops for up to 3 hours.
- After an exposure of about six hours, it can power an emergency light for 14 hours.
- Solar backpacks can also be used to power medical equipment and humanitarian relief efforts where power from the utility grid is not available.
- These types of backpacks can also be used to power cameras for use in remote areas.
- Solar DC fan:
- Normally DC Fans Consumes three times Less Power than conventional 5 Star Rated AC Fans for same air output. There is no secret. DC Fans Contains permanent magnets instead of AC coil for magnetic induction. Because of its less power consumption nature it mainly using for Solar Based Applications.
- It has excellent life than AC Fans. Because of no complicated coil winding mechanism.
- The fan running on DC support solar transformer offers efficient services throughout summer time. This range cuts down on energy consumption in most appreciable manner.
Available Models and Specifications
- DC Table Fan (DC 12 V, 12 Watt)
|1. Power||:||12 Watt|
|2. Operating Model||:||Swing Type|
|3. Operating Voltage||:||12 Volt DC|
|4. Best Replacement to||:||AC Table Fans (25 Watt)|
|5. Suitable For||:||10 X 10 Rooms|
You must feel the different cooling performance of this fan. You have never feel the breeze before in any other fan. It consumes just 12 Watt, it means it can run long time with swing. For Example Fully Charged 150 Ah Battery can run the fan continuously for 120 Hours. With 15Ah Battery it runs up to 12 Hours.
|1. Power||:||18 Watt|
|2. Operating Model||:||Pedestal Swing Type|
|3. Operating Voltage||:||12 Volt DC|
|4. Best Replacement to||:||4 Feet AC Pedestal Fan (40 Watt)|
|5. pSuitable For||:||10 X 16 Rooms|
For Office, Halls, also for home needs. These DC Pedestal fans have good performance and it consume low power than conventional AC Pedestal Fan. It has royal look to place in halls, reception etc., Fully Charged 150 Ah Battery can run this pedestal fan continuously for 80 Hours. With 15Ah Battery it runs up to 7 Hours.
- DC Ceiling Fan (28, 32 Watt)
|1. Power||:||28 to 32 Watt|
|2. Operating Model||:||Ceiling Fan|
|3. Operating Voltage||:||12 Volt DC (24V DC On Request)|
|4. Best Replacement to||:||AC Ceiling Fan 80 Watt|
|5. Suitable For||:||10 X 16 Rooms|
For High Volume air flow, these types of ceiling fans are good choice. It operates only on DC 12 V power supply. It takes just 28 to 32 Watts. When compare to conventional AC Ceiling fans it takes only 40 percent power to give same air flow.
- Solar Tree:
A solar tree is a decorative means of producing solar energy and also electricity. It uses multiple no of solar panels which forms the shape of a tree. The panels are arranged in a tree fashion in a tall tower/pole.
TREE stands for
T= TREE GENERATING
This is like a tree in structure and the panels are like leaves of the tree which produces energy.
COMPONENTS OF SOLAR TREE
- Solar panels
- Long tower
- Stems for connecting the panels
WHY WE CALLED IT AS SOLAR TREE
- Tree can produce their own food material by the process called PHOTOSYNTHESIS.
- Leaves are producing food materials for human beings.
- Likewise in solar tree solar plates are producing energy for the society.
NEED OF SOLAR TREE
Due to less land requirement: It requires less land as compare to traditional PV system. So we require such a plant which can generate max. energy using minimum land.
Efficient energy generation: It can generate energy very efficiently as compare to traditional system.
It can collect energy from wind: The stem are flexible so that they can rotate in any direction and by shaking themselves they produce energy also from wind as in the case of a natural tree.
WHY IT IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL SYSTEM
For the traditional system we require large size of land.
Example –To generate 2 MW power from a PV module we requires 10 -12 acres of land for housing of panels only.
For the same amount of energy we require only 0.10-0.12 acres of land in case of solar tree.
APPLICATIONS OF SOLAR TREE:
- Street light
- House supply
- Industrial power supply
ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR TREE:
- No air pollution
- We wouldn’t have to worry as much about future energy sources
- People in poor country would have access to electricity
- People can save money
- Land requirement is very less
- Solar Portable Charger:
- A solar charger employs solar energy to supply electricity to devices or charge batteries. They are generally portable.
- Solar chargers can charge lead acid or Ni-Cd battery banks up to 48 V and hundreds of ampere-hours (up to 4000 Ah) capacity.
- Such type of solar charger setups generally uses an intelligent charge controller. A series of solar cells are installed in a stationary location (ie: rooftops of homes, base-station locations on the ground etc.) and can be connected to a battery bank to store energy for off-peak usage.
- They can also be used in addition to mains-supply chargers for energy saving during the daytime.
- Most portable chargers can obtain energy from the sun only. Some, including the Kinesis K3, and GeNNex Solar Cell 2 can work either way (recharged by the sun or plugged into a wall plug to charge up). Examples of solar chargers in popular use include:
- Small portable models designed to charge a range of different mobile phones, cell phones, iPods or other portable audio equipment.
- Fold out models designed to sit on the dashboard of an automobile and plug into the cigar/12v lighter socket to keep the battery topped up while the vehicle is not in use.
- Flashlights/torches, often combined with a secondary means of charging, such as a kinetic (hand crank generator) charging system.
- Public solar chargers permanently installed in public places, such as parks, squares and streets, which anyone can use for free.
What Kinds of Items can be charged with a Portable Solar Charger?
People use portable solar chargers to keep all kinds of devices powered up and ready to go. A few examples include:
Smartphone/Cellphone: Portable solar chargers can be used to keep smart phones and cell phones powered up throughout the day. This is especially convenient for on-the-go people who may not have consistent access to power outlets.
Laptop: Many portable solar chargers are equipped to keep laptops and tablets running for several hours at a time. Some chargers only have USB ports, though, so always check first.
MP3 Player: Enjoy uninterrupted music on MP3 players while out and about with a portable solar charger. This is an especially good option for long days at the beach, camping trips, and other excursions.
GPS: In-car GPS units can be plugged in and kept powered up without any trouble. When they’re used outside of a car, though, their batteries drain quickly. This could be disastrous in isolated areas, and portable solar chargers keep this problem at bay.
Camera: Nothing is more disappointing than realizing that a camera’s battery has died long before an event or outing is over. By keeping portable solar chargers on hand, photographers never have to worry about missing great opportunities.
- Solar Power Optimizer:
- The Solar power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box.
- The Solar power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance.
- Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique Safe DC feature which is designed to automatically shut down modules’ DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
- The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string.
- When working with Inverters, Solar power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
- The Solar power optimizers are compatible with c-Si and thin-film modules and have a 25 year warranty.
Feature highlights of Solar Power optimizers:
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading.
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions.
- 25 year reliability.
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement.
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety.
- Independent optimization technology (IndOP) – allows operation with any inverter and requires no additional interface hardware.
- Embedded by module manufacturers, or connected by installers to c-Si and thin-film modules.
- Available with frames mounted in advance for quicker installation.
- Solar water pump:
- The government has proposed Rs 1.44 lakh crore schemes for solarising pumps of all farmers in the Union Budget 2018-2018.
- The Central Financial Assistance (CFA) for the scheme will be Rs 48,000 crore for 10 years. A similar amount will have to be parked by the states and the financing institutions, he explained.
- Effectively the scheme envisaged is close to Rs 1.44 lakh crore after the approval from the Cabinet.
How does a solar water pump works?
- Solar power, or energy created by the sun, can be harnessed in a number of ways, including through solar panels that convert the sun’s rays into electricity.
- In the case of a solar pump, solar energy is converted into electricity and fed to a pump that circulates water.
- These types of units can be used in swimming pools, fountains and larger agricultural projects.
Types of solar pumps:
There are two main types of solar pumps.
- Surface water pumps sit above ground and move water through pipes. These are handy for moving large quantities of water at a slow pace. Surface pumps are commonly found on farms or large irrigation systems where water needs to be moved from a lake or other body to fields or landscaping. These pumps are suitable for lifting and pumping water from a maximum depth of 20 meters.
- Submersible water pumps are installed underground, but the solar panels are connected above ground. Submersible pumps are used to move water from inside wells to the surface. The maximum recommended depth these systems can pump is 50 meters.
Main components of solar powered water pumps:
- The pump uses the electricity generated by solar energy stored in solar panels to function.
- The electric motor is used to manage the AC or DC current and the controller is used to adjust the speed and output power.
- Solar Powered water pumps are much more economical and efficient to run than the traditional diesel powered pumps, since solar energy is free.
- Solar powered water pumps can be extremely useful for farmers who work on a small scale. These are also useful in cattle feeding, horticulture farms, gardens and irrigation.
- Solar powered water pumps are also finding usage in Oil and gas extraction.
Benefits of solar water pumps:
- Solar water pumps are used for irrigation of crops, water livestock and provide portable drinking water.
- Solar water pump uses peak solar array output which frequently coincides with high water demand during long, dry summer days.
- In the event of cloudy weather solar water pump systems often use storage tanks to store excess water.
- Solar water pumps do not require fuel or constant maintenance.
- Solar water pumps can also be designed for portability to be moved based on water demand or change of season requires.
- Their operating cost is less compared to diesel pumps.
- Recent fuel price increases and generally intensive maintenance schedules however can make diesel pumps expensive.
Advantages of solar water pumps:
- Low maintenance costs.
- Easy installation.
- No fuel spills or extra costs.
- Uncomplicated and reliable.
- Unattended operation.
- Offers mobility
Solar water pumps are becoming increasingly popular throughout the word and as a largely adopted solar energy technology, the usage of these water pumps have increased considerably over the past two decades. Even though solar water pumps are more suited for smaller operations, the benefits that come with it are huge.